Sunday 10 January 2016

Alternative idea

After sketching out dress designs that related to my concept, I thought of purchasing a second hand dress. This would be a better idea as it's mainly about the focus of my concept and not the structure of dress.  I began to phone charity shops and ask around to see if anybody was selling their wedding dress. Eventually after no success from the charity shops, I managed to find one on a Facebook selling page. 




My ideology of what you see on the outside, doesn't necessarily mean reality. My ideas of altering the dress so that it looks close to perfect on the outside and in contrast, burnt and disintigrated at the back of the dress. This again reflects back to my conceptual idea that when you see a couple in a relationship in public, you assume that everything is fine. So when you walk to the back of my dress, there is a gradual subtlety that represents the slow Disintigration of the relationship. I need to now experiment and create sample pieces and also plan how I will hang my final piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment