Thursday 28 January 2016

Preparing to exhibit...

After researching for inspiration on how to present my garment, I felt a strong colour contract was needed. I felt because my dress is white, I needed a really dark background in order for it to stand out successfully. I managed to borrow a large black curtain that will be hung as a back drop. 

Putting up the curtain was a real challenge as it was very heavy and difficult to handle. I was assisted in this process as I struggled with it on my own. The tools that were used in this process were a staple gun, ladders and long planks of wood. The staple gun seemed to be the quickest and most secure way to attatchment the curtain to the ceiling. 




After the curtain was hung, I came across a slight issue. Along the bottom of the curtain was very loose - which made the overall appearence unprofessional. To solve this matter, I thought about putting a weight behind the curtain to hold it down flat. I used pieces of wood from the workshop and borrowed and piece of wood from construction to pin down the curtain. This seemed a much quicker way than cutting and hemming the fabric. 



No comments:

Post a Comment