Sunday 10 January 2016

Burning process...

After the festivities were over, it was time to concentrate on completing my final piece. I finalised which type of fabric I was using and which techniques I was using. 

Heat manipulation is a technique that I am familiar with and have confidence in using the heat tools. such as: A heat gun, soldering iron and iron. As I wanted to achieve a burnt effect on the fabric, I had to experiment with different heat tools to achieve this. A lighter and candle was also used during the experimentation.

 
When it came to burning the dress, I realised that it was very time consuming and taking up too much time to create the desired effect using a lighter. To solve this issue, I had an alternative idea that might be able to burn the fabric faster. Using blue roll really made a difference in the overall burnt look and the black marks that was left on the fabric. I felt this was a good way to resolve this as it really sped up the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment