Thursday 28 January 2016

Self evaluation

Strengths and weaknesses: 

A  key strength that continued throughout my portfolio of work was timekeeping. I Felt very positive about the time I spent on each stage and became very aware of aiming to follow my plan. As a learning outcome, I had to develop my individual creative practise by using techniques that I already have experience with. These were heat manipulation and  mainly stitching - Both of which I feel confident and in control of. I feel I demonstrated control using these techniques by the texture created throughout.

Something that I did not manage to achieve that I personally wanted to produce was have my final design put onto illustrator and shown at various angles. This was so that if I were to go onto design, this could be the beginning of a portfolio for professional practise. However I do have the next brief to achieve that as I have much more time to plan and develop it. Another improvement that I feel I could work on is the illustrations of the mannequins and dress designs in my sketchbook. I want them to be more presentable and to resolve this, I am going to practise and create my unique mannequin structure for future designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment