Thursday 28 January 2016

Experimentation evaluation

Below are a list of media and tools I used throughout my experimentation process.

Media:- Silk, voile, cotton, netting, threads, elastic, ribbon
Tools:- Heat gun, soldering iron, lighters, candle flame 


My experimentation mainly consisted of heat manipulation. My aim was to try and achieve a way to create a burnt and disintegrated effect. Using the heat gun allowed me to achieve a successful texture in the fabric samples. By holding the heat gun for longer, this created a more disintegrated effect which left holes in the fabric. I was happy with how the outcome appeared as it represented the relationship falling apart well. I decided to create a vail to go with the wedding dress, again using a heat gun on the voile fabric. The vail showed a gradual texture as it became closer to the bottom of the dress, this represented the slow and disintegration of the relationship, highlighting how a punctuation mark reflects the ‘fading away’. This was a focus that I aimed for in my PLP that I managed to achieve.
I managed to use a range of materials also stated in my PLP. I used a gathering technique when adding the rough looking fabric pieces to dress. Layering and repetition was also used when assembling.

No comments:

Post a Comment